Monday, April 12, 2010

IDSA S. district

I attended the Southern District this past weekend and had a blast. If I met you at the convention and you're stopping by the blog for the first time welcome!

I took in so much while I was there, met with so many students and companies trying to build a network for work but also for the blog. To the readers who attended and helped me spread the word, this thing is growing so I really want to thank you all. On that note I have just a few highlights for you to check out.

First, maybe the highlight of the event for the students, was the student merit award presentations and ceremony. I'm actually pissed that I didn't take pictures, I like to think I was respecting the presenters. Here's a short video clip from the award ceremony.

sketchatoy@IDSA from sketchatoy on Vimeo.

The winner was Arvin Abadilla from the University of Houston, TX. He had really good work and some clever products, so check out his website or his coroflot.

Also, I met a student through one of the readers who had some amazing sequential work. Not really toy related but the dork in me must post.

Check out his deviantART page for more killer work!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to do those student reviews. I'm sure I speak for the other students when I say it was great getting your unique opinion on our portfolios. There is some good information on your blog and I have no doubt there is more to come. Keep it up and I'll be reading in!

    Jayson-

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all it was my pleasure. I enjoy meeting new people and helping out if I can :)

    ReplyDelete