Thursday, February 4, 2010

Updates and Upincomings

Hey everyone, good news for me but better for you all! I have gotten a former professor, current coworker, and now friend interested in collaborating on some tutorial posts. He has excellent exercises to help warm your muscles up for sketching. That's right people sketching is no different than athletics, singing, or any other activity using your muscles, you gotta warm them up so they perform at their best! We'll be recording his demo and I will post it as a series of warm ups and muscle memory exercise videos. He has some wonderful theories on sketching so stay tuned.


Also I would like to introduce my new "feature" posts. Every month or two I will feature a new professional in the field of toys. This can range from and illustrator, product designer, creative engineer, packaging designer, who knows! I have a few interviews in the works so I will post them as they come together.


In final news I wanted to give a quick shout out to one of the blog followers Stephanie Lemoine. The company I work for had a focus group today and the mothers were asked to bring their child's favorite toy in. Well, one of the mothers held her favorite up and I said "Hey I just met the girl that worked on that product!". The product was the Yo Gabba Gabba Boom Box Dance Party! Super cool toy so go check out her portfolio here. And to anyone else who may have worked on that great job :)


As always thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment